Yanno, I didn’t realize how nice it is to have a remote that works. And now that the television is fixed, the remotes work nicely. Of course, I had to reprogram both of them (Brian’s and mine) because I messed them up when I didn’t realize it was the television that was the source of the problem.
When I was programming Brian’s, I noticed how nasty it was, so I spent over an hour detailing his remote control. Q-tips, rubbing alcohol, a nail file to scrape the crud from the sides of the rubber buttons and damp paper towels did the trick. Then I buffed it out with a soft cloth.
It looks so purrty.