The past week I’ve been hard at work on the Disney DVD from our trip/party last October (I don’t procrastinate much). I finally got a copy of Adobe Photoshop for a reasonable price (which means under a million dollars; actually, I got it for less than a hundred on eBay, it’s an education edition, it was brand new and it works just fine) so I was able to do a custom stylesheet for MyDVD. Finally, I can make my own buttons.
The first thing I had to do was to put together the photos. I got over five CDs of pictures from the others who were there and I had to put them in order for slideshows. Then place the videos I had, then find music for the slideshows. I placed the chapter buttons manually and for some reason, when I’d edit something and apply it to all the pages, it would change the order of the and buttons/chapters. I burned what I thought would be the final version yesterday, we watched it last night and I apparantly didn’t catch one of the transitions and the flow of pictures/video didn’t work. So, this morning, I had to redo this and I’ll be burning the latest version shortly.
So, I’ve got one dual layer DVD along with a single layer DVD with “bonus” material. *lol*
I don’t like to run other applications while I’m burning because I’m superstitious about having the computer crash. It most likely won’t, but it’s not a chance I’m willing to take. Yesterday, when I started burning what I thought was the final version, the computer rebooted and all of the work I had was gone. I saved my work every time I changed something, but when I got the same message, telling me that what I saved wasn’t good, I had to go back to one of the previous builds and redo it. I’m glad I had previous versions to work with.
So, now I burn what I hope is the final version, then I have to imprint the label on the disks and make the cover art. I’m hoping to have them all done and in the mail by the end of the week.