As I mentioned in an earlier entry, I got the craft stuff done. I started on this when Katrina was just a tropical storm. I spent late nights watching the storm news and getting my craft ducks in a row.
By last Sunday, I’d made a total of two of these things. And I wasn’t really happy with the second one. I told Brian I was just going to quit. I have some store bought items like this and I’d study them to try to see how a certain step was done and I just couldn’t see it. I perused books at Michael’s craft store, even bought one that had instructions, a 101 type of book, but there was nothing there that explained how this was done.
It was just more work than I wanted to do.
When I was whining to Brian about it, it hit me what I may have been doing wrong. It was so clear. I don’t know why this wasn’t addressed in the how to books, it wasn’t an obvious answer. So, I started on the other ones and by late yesterday afternoon, I’d gotten all fifteen of them done, including redoing the second one.
I got an awful lot of superglue on my fingers, pulling superglued fingers apart isn’t one of my favorite things. And the superglue affected how I worked because I didn’t have much feeling in my fingertips. That stiff coating didn’t help.