I'm still working on cutting out flower patterns. So far, I've done nine with four more to go. I have four different sets of "leaves"...just evergreens, but modified for the project. You know how vases have some greenery in them, too. I'd like to get those four done today so I don't have to set up my little workshop (Silhouette cart, two folding tables, laptop computer). Once the paper is all cut out, I can work from the table in the family room. Yesterday day went pretty smoothly until I actually DID need to replace a blade. That was an hour wasted (the same blade that I thought was bad from the night before, but worked fine once I changed the settings). Luckily I didn't waste much paper.
Both of the avocado trees flowered nicely this year and unlike the past two years, it actually looks like the fruit on the far tree might grow to maturity. Usually, the little fruits fall off. The other tree had four the first year and five last year (until Brian pruned a low hanging branch...). That tree has quite a few at this point, too. More than ever. So, fingers crossed. These avocados are delicious, much better than store bought.
I'm thinking once the weather warms up so that it's not so cool in the night, I'll be saying sayonara to Boyd. He's not eating a lot of seed yet, but he's working on it. And this morning when I walked in the room, he almost flew out the door. Not healthy for him. Hopefully, he'll be released by the end of this week. (Fingers crossed.) I think it will take a couple of years to find all of the bird crap in the extra room.
Well, gonna go cut some paper.