My webhost migrated all the websites on one server to another. Not just for me, but for everyone who had a website on that particular server. And I found all sorts of problems. On lisaviolet.com (the weblog wasn't working, the counters weren't counting...), on lisaviolet.net, where my photos are (many PHP errors) and over at catler.org, the forums didn't work and the chat didn't work (most of that was a matter of permission settings, but during that fix, I found some other problems not related to the migration)
The problems here had to be taken care of by the webhost. Over on the gallery the fix was simple (after support pointed me in the right direction). The problems on catler took the most time to work out, lots of searching my computer for old installation texts.
Some of the stuff that didn't work isn't really all that important, so it's not a big deal, it's just kind of frustating that I can't get it to work. I was in here until almost eight last night and had decided everything was okay to go.
Then I start up the computer this morning, my mouse wasn't working. I found the connection, some kitty had peed on it during the night. I cleaned it off and rebooted my machine. Twice. Finally everything was up and running. Had breakfast, came back here, checked email, posted stuff on Facebook then came over here to make this entry. There was a fatal error message, a PHP thing. Then Katie came in and wanted to eat. I contacted the webhost, then went into my control panel and changed the PHP version back to what it should be (the PHP error messages of yesterday were on the gallery website, but jumping between control panels of three websites, I inadvertantly changed the wrong one and didn't change it back).
And, voila! The diary is back up.
And I took a Xanax.