[ Home | All Archives ]
previous | most current | next

      Sunday, June 04, 2017

07:44 AM - 06/04/2017

The topic: I’m alive!


It was pretty hairy there for a while, but I made it.

So, a month ago I was working on getting the store up and running after the new owner of the previous host of lvdesigns broke it. I worked with him for a week or so and he stopped responding to my emails, so I figured f*ck it and moved my site to another host.  The problem was he had so corrupted the database that the store did not work. At all. I contacted the developer, and $200 later, the store is up and running.

Then there was the credit card program. It had been so long since I'd made a sale, the account was no longer active. It took almost two weeks for the site to be reviewed and accepted.

But the store is once again up and running. Yay!

Then, I know I've mentioned this in the past, that Mystie has a loose stool problem. And she gets it all over her backside. Tail, inside of her legs, it's just a mess. I finally started taking her into my bathroom and washing her in the sink. I figured one of those hoses that attaches to the faucet should help with rinsing her off.

Well, the hose is a little long and there were contortions on my part to get her situated so that water didn't go all over the bathroom. And I felt the twinge in my back when I turned just right....

My sciatica. Damn it. The first time it went out was back in the 90s and I ended up crawling through the house to do things. I hope this wasn't as bad.

That was on a Wednesday. By Friday, I was down. The pain was horrible. I took it easy over the weekend and the pain started to subside. By the following Wednesday, I was back up and around. And I overdid. Thursday, I hurt. Friday, I hurt worse. Way worse. I got out the blood pressure monitor and started checking it. By late Friday afternoon, it was sky high. My vision started to get blurry. I was scared. Really scared. I was in excruchiating pain and there was no end in sight and I was afraid I was going to have a stroke. Brian called an ambulance.

I ended up in the emergency room at Kaiser. They monitored by blood pressure, took x-rays, and I had all sorts of sticky things holding wires down all up and down my body. (I was pulling them off days later.)  I got three kinds of medications, oxycodone, prednisone and ibuprofen. I slept on the sofa since the bed was too high for me. I slept less than an hour at a time because I had to pee at least once an hour. I had to walk down the hallway to the bathroom and to start with, Brian had to help me. It was hard to stand with the pain.

By Tuesday, the pain was subsiding so that walking wasn't so horrible. Thursday I felt good enough to take a shower. It had been eleven days. I put a stool in the tub and sat on that to wash. My feet were so dirty, the crud just melted off of them (Brian's work makes for dirty floors, lots and lots of black powder floats in the air and ends up in the house and the cats don't help, either, bringing in the dirt they roll around in). I started to feel human again. My hair was incredibly gross and that was one of the worst parts of this whole episode. I didn't have the strength to keep on top of it and it was matted and nasty. Before I took the shower, I combed it and was pulling out huge mats. Disgusting.

I took the last oxy Thursday morning at 3:30.  I took my last ibuprofen last night. I have more pills, but I'd like to not be taking them. They make me feel weird.

A couple of thoughts. You know that ad for opiod constipation meds?  That opiod constipation is awful! OMG! Using the muscles you need to empty the bowels is almost impossible to do without passing out. They'd warned Brian at the hospital, told him I should take a stool softener.  I'd taken two Dulcolax earlier in the day and it took a long time to finally get things emptied out. Not fun. At all.

Anyway, I'm on the road to recovery. I need to remember to take it easy and not to sit for long periods of time. Right now I'm feeling a little worn out and will probably go lay down for an hour or so. But at least I'm up!


sciatica    lvdesigns   

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.
All Archives

lisaviolet is seventy something, married with no kids, takes care of lots of cats, likes taking photographs, loves Southern California weather and spends altogether too much time avoiding her responsibilities.

In her spare time, she makes pretty things to sell in her store.

June 2024
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29

SVG Cutting Files at SVGCuts.com

website design by

©lisaviolet 1996-2024
Photographic images are the property of the photographer,and may not be copied, printed, or otherwise reproduced on any other site or used in any other publishing medium without the written permission of each individual photographer and kennel/cattery owner. Cathouse privacy policy.