You know I’ve been messing with it and I thought it would be fun to add another line to the top where I mention the weather. Well, I got it to work, but lost the function for the commenters to use smilies.
And also when I add a reply to a comment, the format gets messed up.
And when I delete a comment, the entire post gets messed up. I don’t know if you’ve ever spent much time reading other blogs, but some of them have a short amount of material on the first page, then there’s a link to a second page, the “extended” page which had the entire entry. I don’t use that, I have everything on the first page. Well, all of my entry gets moved down to the extended section and all that shows up on the first page is some weird code, I think it’s called “linear” (some geek code speak) that looks like “0|0|1|00”. I recognize this as something that is used in many guestbooks and forums and such, from looking in my directories. (As a matter of fact, I’ve had to rebuild these forums using that format. Time consuming but it got the job done.) But it doesn’t belong where it’s showing up, it should stay hidden and never be seen by the public.
So, I spend hours yesterday trying to figure out why on earth this was happening and when I tried using a copy of the software without my hacked code (the weather), it works fine. But when I add that weathercode, it starts fudging up again. Which I didn’t figure out until hours and hours and hours of trying to find where the problem lied. I guess it was about seven thirty or eight last night. And I’d been working on it since before noon.
I’d really like to have the weather option, so I left a message over at the greymatter forums, in the hopes that one of the code geniuses can tell me what I’ve done wrong.