I thought it would be. It started out nicely. First two sheets of cardstock cut perfectly. Then, the third, not so much. I changed the blade and still had problems. Ah, I hadn't completely seated the blade holder. So, I put that in properly and still, the cardstock wasn't cutting right.
I changed out the blade. Still no luck. I ended up getting two usable pieces out of ten. And that was all I had of that pattern. Luckily, it was one I printed out here, so I went back to the office.
O. M. G.
The printer ran out of cyan. Well, having the continous ink system, it hasn't run out, but the printer thinks it has until I kind of pull out that particular color, then push it back in. Then the printer does its cleaning cylcle or whatever. It takes time and uses ink. It took me over an hour and a half to get it to print out cleanly. Lots of cleaning cycles had to be run to get the streaks out.
One thing I took care of (that took more time than I liked, at one point I had to do system restore) was removing that printer from the router (so I could use it from any computer). Since I'd done that a couple of months ago, the printer would stop responding and spit out whatever had been printing, After I got this resolved, I didn't have any more problems like that.
Then it was back to the cards. I did some work on what I'd cut out yesterday and am finally started the next set. I'd hoped to get twelve done yesterday, but only got four. Let's hope the rest of the day goes more smoothly than yesterday.
| | Permalink