I'm lying. It wasn't fun at all. I'm working on making new stamps. I finally get everything figured out and lined up and start the printer. I look at the negatives. Are they black enough? I don't know, I can't tell. Maybe I should run the printhead cleaner utility.
I run it. I do a nozzle head test print (a page with lines of each color and a box with like a black and white checkerboard). It doesn't look right. I run the head cleaner again. I've lost all yellow and orange. This sucks. I get the yellow back. By this time I've gotten a couple of messages that I've run out of this color or that color. I pull up the offending cartridge and reseat it each time. Finally, I figure I'll run the automatic clean. The thing stops part way through. I'm getting alternating blinking lights on the control panel. Turn it off and on. Still won't run, still the lights blink. Do a little research.
It would seem that the machine thinks I've made enough copies. This thing counts and keeps it a secret until it's done. And it stops at 15,000. The counter needs to be reset (see the comments section of this old entry). Since I've got the waste system installed, I know the ink isn't on the pads. It hasn't gone there for close to two years. It gets dumped outside down one of the railroad ties that does duty as a retaining wall. I find where to download the reset utility. I run it, the counter is reset and I'm back in business.
This has probably taken me three hours.
I reprint the negative page. It looks just like the one I didn't think was okay. But probably is.
Oh, well, tonight I'll make more stamps. I'm curious how they'll turn out because the designs are more intricate that I made for Brian. Fingers crossed.
| | Permalink