I had to play with the settings for the patterned paper I was printing out to make sure the pattern didn't get lost in the embossing stage.
Of course, I asked for Brian's input and he always has some sort of idea of how it could look better, and then I have to explain the limitations of what I'm working with and I'm not sure he always understands the problem. And on such a minute scale, no one is going to even notice. Seriously, I think if I said "well, I can print out individual boards, cut them out and glue them onto the base individually" he'd be all for it. Each board being about a quarter of an inch. I didn't even bring that up as an option.
After I had that all figured out, I took the paper and the 12" x 12" photo of what I'll be making out to the garage and started looking through my paper stacks for the other parts that need to be cut out and I'm pretty happy with what I picked out. Then there are the fun embellishments I got. I have an idea for a surprise embellishment, but I want to get everything cut out first, then see if the idea is even feasible. And if it is, I'll run it by Brian to see what he thinks. I think he'll love the idea as much as I do.
Tomorrow morning will be the cutting, then putting it together. I'm going to check out SVGCuts YouTube channel and bookmark the tutorial for this kit and watch it on the television while I muddle through the assembly. (Roku now has the YouTube channel.)'
Hopefully, Brian will be finished with the laundry room (he left over an hour ago to see if his brother had some wood he needs, even though he still has to get stuff at Home Depot...that was over an hour ago) and I can shut the house up and turn on the A/C. It's pretty warm here today.