I didn't take as many photos as I should have, but I felt really pressured about the time. Here are a few, with the kits I used. This year, the cards were made with kits I purchased from Dreaming Tree.
There are more holiday cards available and I had every intention on making them, but I ran out of time. One set of the popup cards I did cut out and start to assemble and if I'd known that sending them on Monday wouldn't get them delivered by Thursday, I'd probably have finished all of them. Anyway, for those of you who don't follow me on Facebook, here are some of the photos I took.
Clicking on a picture will take you to a bigger photo in my family album; clicking on that picture will open a larger photo. Most of the larger photos are 2000 pixels in width, so you can get a better idea of the detail.
My little work station. This was day one. By day three, there was paper all over the room. The big table was covered as was the coffee table behind me. And there was still paper on the small table. And every night I put it all away, starting over the next day.
The first set of cards I cut out. I assembled these because I was curious how they would look. They looked great, but I never finished the cards. But I have the rest of the year to work on them. Glitter cardstock. You can never have enough glitter. You can see the shimmer overspray on the paper I use to cover my work surface.
All of the cards assembled. The pop up trees were all glittered in some manner. The plain cards were shimmer sprayed, the other cards had glitter card stock as one of the papers.
Close up of the bendi cards. The snow outside the window, the inside of the envelope and presents I cut out from paper I printed using digital files I bought on Etsy. The ornaments on the tree are from beads I melted last summer. Yay! Useful!
Another of the Bendi cards.
Close up. If you check out the larger image, you can see the shimmer of the spray I used on the paper, to make it shine like real snow does.
The sky is an Etsy graphic. The moon came from the internet. I shimmered the snow and moon. The snowman only had cutouts for his eyes and nose, so I cut a couple of small pieces of orange (which I shimmered) for his nose and black for his eyes. I glued these pieces behind the holes. For his hat, I used glitter black cardstock.
Pop dots are your friend. Santa's sleigh is really flying!
Envelopes and cards ready to be addressed. That tape you see is tape I picked up on Amazon. The problem was it was easily pulled up from the paper, without ripping the paper. The envelopes were not secure. I usually use glue, but this year I was going for something more festive. I ended up with a roll of Scotch tape, standing at the mailbox retaping every envelope. The trees pop up when the card is opened. It's really pretty cool.