[ Home | All Archives ]
previous | most current | next

      Sunday, March 04, 2012

12:20 PM - 03/04/2012

The topic: I went up for the leap year thing


Oh, I don’t think I’ll do that again. Ever. Never, ever. It was a zoo. It was so darned crowded. Crazy busy.

I wasn’t even sure I was going to go. Money. Weather. Driving up there. Although I’m glad I went, I won’t ever do a 24 hour thing at Disneyland where the entire world is invited.

I made the hotel reservations last month. I knew I had 72 hours to cancel, so it came down to the wire. Things were looking good, then it rained the weekend before. Definitely didn’t want to do it in the rain (which is nice when the park is empty, but if it’s not?  Yeouch!).

Then comes the day I’m to go up there. Still not a confident driver. I’m packing, I say to Brian “what are you doing the next four hours?”  He walks off, thinks about it, comes back to me and looks me in the eye. “Are you serious?”  Yeah. I’m terrified of driving up there (stupid rollover). He told me he’ll take me and bring me home on Friday.  Yay!  I call Jolene, my vaca roommate and bestie, tell her, she said “Oh, I can take you home” which is incredibly nice of her, since she lives in Rancho Cucamonga. A lot of driving time for her.

We got to the hotel about 2:30, I got checked in and Brian brought all of the luggage and coolers up to the room. I called Jolene to let her know I was there and she said she’d be there in about forty-five minutes.  It didn’t take her that long. She got her stuff in, we made sandwiches, then headed over to the park.

Let the others we were meeting know we were finally there.

Jolene, on Main Streetv

click for a larger pic

Jolene, on the Carrousel, she loves the horses, she could ride all night long

click for a larger pic

New steps on the horses, makes it a lot easier for little people

click for a larger pic

We left shortly after midnight, this photo was taken outside of the parks (I've lightened it), in DownTown Disney looking back at the baggage check area. It was very, very crowded, mostly teenagers at this point.

click for a larger pic

Thursday was a lot more kick back, but we were all pretty tired. A lot of time spent looking at one another ("waddya wanna do next?") instead of getting on rides.

Oh, well. We did grab a couple of rides, the first was the Columbia. Here is Jolene and Jack.

click for a larger pic

Then we ate. Trish, Allyson, Jack and Jolene. And my taco salad.

click for a larger pic

click for a larger pic

After we ate, Trish, Jack and I went on Big Thunder, then went toward the front of the park. I wanted to get something out of the locker. "Modern Family" was filming in the park that day and Jolene loves the show (I've never heard of it). I went on outside, then just waited. We had decided to head over the California Adventure. It took a while, but we all made it over, went on Soarin', then headed over the Hollywoodland.

I dragged them into the Animation building to see the zoetrope, then we went over to watch Monsters, Inc. It was down, so we went into Muppets 3D, took a seat in the backrow. I got the giggles when I saw a chicken ("don't look at the chicken-I looked at the chicken-me, too" was seen that morning on Facebook). When we were out of there, Monsters was running, so we checked it out. Better than Superstar Limo (worst ride ever), but not by much. :yawn:

It was about time to meet up with Liz and Eric for dinner at Ralph Brennan's Express in DTD, so we headed out. After dinner Jolene and I went back to the locker and headed back to the room. We wanted to get to bed early since we'd be leaving early Friday morning.

We turned the television on to the Big Bang Theory, but it was a rerun. Jolene had never seen it and I have been trying to get her to watch it for years now. Since all the shows were reruns, I just turned the tv off. Jolene started to read her Kindle, so I got mine out and went to my bed (around the corner, we couldn't see one another, but we could hear just fine) to read. Instead we started to talk, just about stuff, nothing major, things that happened when we were kids, whatever. It reminded me of when Thelma, my mom's bestie, told me that she used to go over to my mom's house and they'd lay on the bed and just talk all night.

I finally turned my light off and Jo turned her's off and we went to sleep. Well, I did.

She told me the next morning that I was talking, then all of a sudden, she heard me snoring. Then she heard a noise that sounded a lot like flatulence. She listened, but realized it wasn't gas, but me breathing through my mouth and lips. She told me she started to laugh. She said she was laughing so hard, she had tears running down her face. She had a hard time being quiet, but she didn't want to wake me up (yeah, she was having such a great time listening...). And that's what good friends do, right? *laughing* 

It was good seeing everyone again. I wish we could have gotten on more rides, but there's always next time.

It was nice to get home.

Commenting is not available in this channel entry.
All Archives

lisaviolet is sixty something, married with no kids, takes care of lots of cats, likes taking photographs, loves Southern California weather and spends altogether too much time avoiding her responsibilities.

In her spare time, she makes pretty things to sell in her store.

July 2018
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31        

website design by

©lisaviolet 1996-2018
Photographic images are the property of the photographer,and may not be copied, printed, or otherwise reproduced on any other site or used in any other publishing medium without the written permission of each individual photographer and kennel/cattery owner. Cathouse privacy policy.